1) Pray for Philippines: Typhoon Haiyan one of most dangerous and powerful in human history
Super Typhoon, Haiyan, Heads for Central Philippines, CNN (Jethro Mullen)
Philippines Braces for Typhoon Haiyan, BBC News
Typhoon Haiyan approaching the Philippines, Japan Meteorological Agency and EUMETSAT
2) Blockbuster and Twitter reflect transience of technology – and of culture
Twitter soars 73% in stock market debut, USA Today (Alistair Barr)
Your late fees are waived: Blockbuster closes, CNN (Todd Leopold)
3) Not just electing a mayor, electing an ideal – How far left can De Blasio go?
In New York City’s Sharp Left Turn, Questions of Just How Far, New York Times (Michael Powell)
Standing with the Women of New York City, Bill de Blasio
4) ENDA passing indication of massive moral shift for America and for conservatives
Senate Passes Gay-Rights Bill, Wall Street Journal (Kristina Peterson)
5) The death of NC-17? What movie ratings say about us.
Swedish Cinemas Introduce ‘Feminism Rating’ For Films, The Telegraph (Harriet Alexander)
Swedish Cinemas Launch Feminist Movie Rating, USA Today (Malin Rising)