As the period of emerging adulthood grows longer, young people are becoming more alienated spiritually. Notre Dame Professor Christian Smith has done extensive research on the spiritual state of the emerging generation. His research has led him to label the emerging generation’s religion, “Moralistic Therapeutic Deism.” On the inaugural program of “Thinking in Public,” Dr. Mohler discusses the implications of this research with Dr. Christian Smith. Giving tremendous insight into what exactly is going on in the hearts and minds of young people as they make decisions about morality and faith, this conversation is a must hear for those who want to influence the rising generation.
- 'Get with the Program' -- The Church of England Votes to Ordain Women Bishops
- Raising Teens in the Media Culture, Part 1
- Ten Books for Eager Reading -- The 2014 Summer Reading List
- God, the Gospel, and the Gay Challenge -- A Response to Matthew Vines
- Has God Called You? Discerning the Call to Preach
- The Briefing Special Edition: Supreme Court Ruling on Hobby Lobby Case
- There Is No 'Third Way' -- Southern Baptists Face a Moment of Decision (and so will you)