Trinity University Law School Senior Senior Sidra Qureshi wants the words “in the Year of Our Lord” removed from her graduation diploma. Arguing that a diploma is a personal item and such words are not in accord with her personal beliefs, Qureshi said she started the petition in order to assure the school’s commitment to diversity. On today’s program, Dr. Mohler addresses this story arguing that it demonstrates the increasingly secular nature of Western culture. Whether in this specific instance or future ones that are sure to come, historically Christian institutions will have to decide whether they will allow the culture or the Word of God to set their agenda.
- Raising Teens in the Media Culture, Part 1
- 'Get with the Program' -- The Church of England Votes to Ordain Women Bishops
- God, the Gospel, and the Gay Challenge -- A Response to Matthew Vines
- Ten Books for Eager Reading -- The 2014 Summer Reading List
- Has God Called You? Discerning the Call to Preach
- There Is No 'Third Way' -- Southern Baptists Face a Moment of Decision (and so will you)
- The Briefing Special Edition: Supreme Court Ruling on Hobby Lobby Case