With the summer quickly approaching, Americans ready themselves for another Supreme Court nomination battle. Today, President Obama nominated the current Solicitor General of the United States, Elena Kagan, to be the next Supreme Court Justice. Given the crucial role the Supreme Court now plays in the shaping of American culture and life, Kagan’s nomination is one that Christians must take seriously. On today’s program, Dr. Mohler discusses this nomination by challenging Christian citizens to take seriously their responsibility to ask the right questions. Of all citizens, Christians are those who carry the greatest responsibility to live faithfully before God and submissively under their leaders. And, in the case of Supreme Court nominations, faithfulness before God requires Christians to thoughtfully engage their leaders with questions and arguments that will lead to laws that increasingly reflect the character of God.
- Raising Boys Without Men--The New Feminist Fantasy
- 'Get with the Program' -- The Church of England Votes to Ordain Women Bishops
- God, the Gospel, and the Gay Challenge -- A Response to Matthew Vines
- Has God Called You? Discerning the Call to Preach
- Ten Books for Eager Reading -- The 2014 Summer Reading List
- There Is No 'Third Way' -- Southern Baptists Face a Moment of Decision (and so will you)
- The Briefing Special Edition: Supreme Court Ruling on Hobby Lobby Case