A recent newspaper article reveals that the average cost of an American wedding is now $28,000. This astonishing reality forces many young couples to ask themselves if they can afford to get married. On today’s show, Dr. Mohler addresses this important topic challenging Christians to consider whether we have accepted the culture’s assumptions about weddings. A central theme of Biblical theology, the wedding holds an important place in the Christian framework. Yet, far from being a mere social gathering, a wedding should reflect the centerpiece of Christian Scripture: the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Raising Boys Without Men--The New Feminist Fantasy
- 'Get with the Program' -- The Church of England Votes to Ordain Women Bishops
- God, the Gospel, and the Gay Challenge -- A Response to Matthew Vines
- Has God Called You? Discerning the Call to Preach
- Ten Books for Eager Reading -- The 2014 Summer Reading List
- There Is No 'Third Way' -- Southern Baptists Face a Moment of Decision (and so will you)
- The Briefing Special Edition: Supreme Court Ruling on Hobby Lobby Case