The recent passage of health care legislation by the United States Congress has many Christians concerned that their tax dollars could potentially be used to subsidize government-funded abortions. On today’s show, Dr. Mohler discusses this important topic. In the book of Mark, Jesus replies to those who sought to trap him to render under Caesar that which is Caesar’s and to God that which is God’s. Fundamentally, Caesar can lay claim to the coin that bears his image, but he cannot lay claim on the soul that bears the image of God. For Christians in America consider their responsibility to the government in light of the recently-passed health care legislation, Jesus’ teaching is still relevant today. While Christians should and must give to the government their taxes, their souls are exclusively reserved for the God who made them.
- Raising Boys Without Men--The New Feminist Fantasy
- 'Get with the Program' -- The Church of England Votes to Ordain Women Bishops
- God, the Gospel, and the Gay Challenge -- A Response to Matthew Vines
- Has God Called You? Discerning the Call to Preach
- Ten Books for Eager Reading -- The 2014 Summer Reading List
- There Is No 'Third Way' -- Southern Baptists Face a Moment of Decision (and so will you)
- The Briefing Special Edition: Supreme Court Ruling on Hobby Lobby Case