President Obama has recently signed the Hate Crimes Prevention Act, extending the definition of federal hate crimes to include a person’s sexual orientation. This is a major victory for the gay rights community and fulfills a campaign promise President Obama made last year. Though there are many concerns about the bill itself, the comments made by the President when he signed the bill are even more alarming. As the President hopes, should people truly be allowed to live and love any way they choose to? On today’s program, Dr. Mohler notes the dangers that come with legislating what constitutes a hate crime.
- Raising Teens in the Media Culture, Part 1
- 'Get with the Program' -- The Church of England Votes to Ordain Women Bishops
- God, the Gospel, and the Gay Challenge -- A Response to Matthew Vines
- Ten Books for Eager Reading -- The 2014 Summer Reading List
- Has God Called You? Discerning the Call to Preach
- There Is No 'Third Way' -- Southern Baptists Face a Moment of Decision (and so will you)
- The Briefing Special Edition: Supreme Court Ruling on Hobby Lobby Case