The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America is flirting with homosexuality in dangerous ways. Over the summer, the ELCA voted to adopt a statement on human sexuality that fully embraces homosexuality within the church. While acknowledging that individual Christians could come to different opinions on these issues, the statement included a “Bound Conscience” principle, calling Christians to simply stand by and ignore their theological convictions that differ from their neighbor’s. On today’s program, Dr. Mohler talks with Lutheran theologian Dr. Robert Benne about the dangerous doors opened by “Bound Conscience” principle, and the pitfalls of heresy that can easily follow.
- Raising Teens in the Media Culture, Part 1
- 'Get with the Program' -- The Church of England Votes to Ordain Women Bishops
- God, the Gospel, and the Gay Challenge -- A Response to Matthew Vines
- Ten Books for Eager Reading -- The 2014 Summer Reading List
- Has God Called You? Discerning the Call to Preach
- There Is No 'Third Way' -- Southern Baptists Face a Moment of Decision (and so will you)
- The Briefing Special Edition: Supreme Court Ruling on Hobby Lobby Case