Hilary Stout of the New York Times has recently written a piece on parenting titled “For Some Parents, Shouting is the New Spanking.” Why has shouting at children become a common form of discipline for parents? When shouting becomes the norm, parents teach their children that frustration and anger is an appropriate response to disobedience. On today’s program, Dr. Mohler notes the biblical importance of disciplining children with love and firmness. In the Christian world, love and unconditional acceptance are shown to children through careful parental discipline.
- Raising Boys Without Men--The New Feminist Fantasy
- 'Get with the Program' -- The Church of England Votes to Ordain Women Bishops
- God, the Gospel, and the Gay Challenge -- A Response to Matthew Vines
- Has God Called You? Discerning the Call to Preach
- Ten Books for Eager Reading -- The 2014 Summer Reading List
- There Is No 'Third Way' -- Southern Baptists Face a Moment of Decision (and so will you)
- Raising Teens in the Media Culture, Part 1