A number of noted evangelicals have recently argued for a legitimate use of scatological or coarse language in the pulpit. If we’re to connect with the surrounding culture, they say, we have to speak its language. Furthermore, they point to supposed biblical precedent. But what should Christians make of this argument? On today’s program, Dr. Mohler engages in a helpful discussion about the nature of language and the place of “bad language” in the pulpit.
- Raising Boys Without Men--The New Feminist Fantasy
- 'Get with the Program' -- The Church of England Votes to Ordain Women Bishops
- God, the Gospel, and the Gay Challenge -- A Response to Matthew Vines
- Has God Called You? Discerning the Call to Preach
- Ten Books for Eager Reading -- The 2014 Summer Reading List
- There Is No 'Third Way' -- Southern Baptists Face a Moment of Decision (and so will you)
- The Briefing Special Edition: Supreme Court Ruling on Hobby Lobby Case